The responsibilities of the Assistant Conductor will include:
- attending all rehearsals and performances
- serving as cover conductor
- assisting with rehearsals and performances
- assisting in the preparation of performance parts
The Assistant Conductor will receive:
- potential to conduct during rehearsals
- potential to conduct during TBA 2016 concert (likely April 2016)
- free tickets to all UPCO concerts/events
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Thomas Cunningham, Artistic Director of Urban Playground at: email@example.com
Please comment on your experience with Finale Music Notation Software. Letters of recommendation and other supplemental materials are welcome, but not required.
Application deadline: July 21, 2015
About Urban Playground Chamber Orchestra
Founded in 2014, Urban Playground Chamber Orchestra's purpose is to collaborate anywhere, anytime, with anyone. An orchestra for the 21st century, Urban Playground is malleable in size, genre and venue, aiming to create engaging programming and push traditional boundaries through collaboration, performances of lesser known works and revitalized takes on classic works.
A collection of musicians from the greater New York City area, we work with artists, organizations and communities to create engaging programming and events.
Musicians from Urban Playground currently play with the New York Philharmonic, West-Eastern Divan Orchestra, New World Symphony, and Detroit Symphony Orchestra, among other leading groups.